Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm Sorry - How Old is That Thing Again?

A number of weekends ago, the Mr. and I had breakfast with some good people that we don't get to see very often. We drove over to their little village and enjoyed a too yummy breakfast with one coffee too many for me (as always) next to a well that was first mentioned in 764.

Yup, you read that right: 764. And thats just the first time the well was mentioned, so who knows when it was first used.

764 - that was about, um, a hell of a lot of years before some white folk popped around to my continent. Depending on which theory you believe, it might have even been before the Native Americans took their long walk to the wide prairie plains of North America and/or just a few hundred years after Jesus walked the face of the Earth. Which ever one you wanna go with - point is my first comment was a very clever:

"I'm sorry - how old is that thing again?"

The proof is in the pictures.

Good People


Super Old Well - check out the dates on the pillar 764 - 1964


xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...