Saturday, September 4, 2010

How 'bout that?

This evening I had the pleasure to enjoy an excellent dinner at a Vancouver restaurant that serves only locally grown foods. The dinner was wrapped up with one of my favorite deserts, an excellent crème brûlée with fruits.



In another Vancouver-related story, there is a myth here that pedestrians wield more power on the roads than cars and buses do. So much so that even if a pedestrian boldly steps out into traffic when he or she has no right to do so, all traffic will stop – or at least slow down enough – for the pedestrian to safely cross the road. Think something like this famous picture here:


I strongly doubted this myth. In typical fashion, I decided to give it a try on the way home from the restaurant. Yes, I know it is relatively stoopid to step out into traffic just to test a local myth. In my defense, I chose a very well lit area shortly below an official pedestrian crossing and ensured I had enough space to hop backwards if required.

Result: all traffic came to a stop and I crossed the street is absolute safely. Well, how about that. Myth confirmed.



xo

1 comment:

brandon said...

Wow. That is pretty classy Vancouver. Pretty classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...