Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Flower Surprise of 2010

Last week I was sitting on my couch when our door bell rang. After some communication difficulties I buzzed the person into our building and walked slowly into the person’s direction. I assumed I was going to accept a neighbor’s package, instead it was a flower delivery for me! The delivery was hidden in plastic, so I could only read the card. Two of my colleagues sent me surprise flowers!

And not just any flower delivery – they sent me these beautiful flowers.


I work in the corporate world and while it may not be the cutthroat environment of the American, hire-and-fire corporate world, it also isn’t a warm and fuzzy kinda place. Something about that framework makes me even more thankful and touched that my colleagues thought and, more importantly, acted to surprise me with a moment of joy.

Thanks you two! They are still beautiful.




xo

2 comments:

Nic, Nici, Nicman said...

Wow !! This the first blog I ever followed so far... and I like it...

Congratulations to a well written
and unique american insight into
german and american culture and
living habits....

Go on !!!

Pickles and Onions said...

I'm so honored that my blog is your first! Thank you for the positive feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...