Thursday, March 3, 2011

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old


The Mr. made a new friend during our trip to US: a horse. I can’t say it was love at first sight on either side:


but with a little get-to-know each other time,

and a small amount of instruction for the Mr.,

both the Mr. and the horse got comfy and by the end we even got a smile from everyone involved.


Turns out strange friendships aren’t unknown in the barnyard.


In case anyone is interested in what an electric fence shock feels like, the Mr. can provide a detailed description. This is him a minute after he confused the fence with a guardrail and got a real shock.



Thanks to Little One for the riding lesson!

xo

4 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

bzzzzzt! hahahaha

brandon said...

hahaha!!!!! this was a great blog to read after a long night at work. aw, poor Dom. When he shrieked I wanted to turn and tell him that isn't okay to do around a horse! I didn't know that he grabbed the electric fence!!!

p.s. those boots are HOT!

starryfright said...

Our neighbors own a horse farm behind and beside us. When I was three months pregnant I shocked myself on the electric horse fence while petting one of the horses. They almost never turn it on, so I bumped it with my elbow. That horse never came near me again, I think he took most of the shock. I called my doctor freaking out, but they said baby was fine.

Pickles and Onions said...

@Brandon: the boots are super, super hot

@Starryfight: must have been a little strange to experience that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...