Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two Beautiful Mommas-to-Be


I’m super lucky: I get to share my first pregnancy not just with the loving, excited, and totally involved Mr, but also with a close friend who is just as pregnant. As in, our projected due dates are two days apart: mine very end of June, hers very start of July.

There is something to be said about being able to share this experience with another first-time mom who I was already close to before we both got pregnant. We’re wandering into and through body and lifestyle changes for the first time, together. And while our pregnancy couldn’t have been more different from the physical symptom side – she’s had none of my nausea or food issues and I’ve been a great sleeper in significant contrast to her continued insomnia – we share many of the same emotional experiences: hopes, fears, confusions, surprises, and the immense responsibility of naming (let alone raising!) another human being.

Thankfully we’ve been able to visit each other three times during our pregnancies. As great as email, facebook, phone calls, and skype may be, there is nothing better than sharing a time zone, couch, and good gab. Hopefully we’ll continue to share our friendship and our pathway through motherhood for years to come.

Until then, we compare bellies. If I may say so myself and for the both of us: we’re two seriously hot mommas-to-be.





xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...