Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why I Work For a Global Company

This weekend the Mr. and I ran out of real maple syrup.


I picked up this bottle while in Vancouver last year for business. The quality of the maple syrup available in the average German grocery store is, um, not quite as high as one (me) would hope. But I didn’t panic because my first thought was, “Oh, I’ll have to ask X or Y or Z to bring some over the next they are in Canada or the US.”

Which is one of many reasons why I work for a global company. I mean the career opportunities, the pay, the daily on-the-job learning, the benefits, the travel, and the opportunity to work with colleagues from literally all over the world and all walks of life are all reasons I work for a global company. But really when it comes down it, it’s the unofficial import (PopTarts, maple syrup, Tums) and export (Haribo candies, Ritter sport, and mustard) trade.

So, any volunteers for a maple syrup trade?



xo

1 comment:

Teresa said...

:) i can. just have to wait a bit for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...