Sunday, August 28, 2011

Meeting Family (Part 2)

Last week my family was here for a too-short visit from the US. It was amazing to spend time with them here in the Germany-land and I really hope that we are able to see them more often in both countries as the years go by. 

Having them here was also a huge help for me and a joy for PJ. I'm still struggling with post-partum and getting more sleep created a very quick and very positive change in my outlook. PJ loved that he was almost constantly carried by five pairs of hands that never got tired. He doesn't ask for much, just pure submission! And really, who wouldn't submit to this little one? 

He had a lot of fun with his grandma, especially on his changing table. Mom even spent two nights with us to take over the middle of the night feeding so that both the Mr. and I could sleep the night through. Talk about miracle worker!

PJ also enjoyed sitting on his great-nana's lap.

He also loved listening to his granddad's voice and feel his fingers play across his belly. Sadly, none of the pictures I have turned out. :(

While my family was here, PJ even permitted us to take him for a walk three different times! Considering PJ wouldn't stay in his stroller for more than 5 minutes at a time, it had been very difficult for me to get out of the house alone in hot weather. When it was cooler, I could carry him tied to me but in hot weather he sweats too much and is extremely uncomfortable. If we can continue to improve on the PJ-stroller relationship, I believe we will be on the best pathway towards full recovery for me and more happy hours for PJ. 



xo

3 comments:

starryfright said...

I'm glad to hear you're both doing better. Emily slept pretty well these past three nights. I can't believe how much difference a decent nights rest can make you feel. I can sometimes get Emily in her stroller, she pretty much hates everything that confines her. Hates the swing, hates the bouncy chair, and barely tolerates her high chair.

Anna Eaton said...

Wow, I cant believe how long he is. What's his length? Are the pictures deceiving? cause he sure looks long!

Pickles and Onions said...

he is about 23 or 24 inches and weighs about 9 ish pounds. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...