Thursday, February 16, 2012

We Got Played

I gave birth to a player. This morning Oma came over so that I could attend my yoga class. Thing is, I woke up with a nasty headache and a throbbing throat. So, I skipped class and went to bed as soon as she arrived.

Everything went great for the first hour. PJ played happily with Oma and Oma helped him explore new toys and practice his new skills. I slept. Awesome, right?

Then he started to rub his eyes. Then he yawned. Then he snuggled into her chest. After about a half hour of this behavior - and the start of some tired sounding tears - Oma thought, rationally and reasonably, "My beloved grandson is tired."

So although PJ had only been awake for about 90 minutes in total and his normal naptime was still about 60-90 minutes out, she came into our bedroom and regretfully woke me up so I could put him to bed.

You know what's coming right?



Awake. Totally, 100%, absolutely awake.

Player was not tired. He wanted mommy. And as soon as he saw me, he was ready to roll some more. One hour later - after eating some yummy breakfast, playing more with Oma, and then sadly waving her goodbye - he took his nap at his normal time.

We got played. By a seven month old boy.




xo

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Also Known As...the Wife said...

That last picture screams "Sucker!!!"

Don't worry we all get played out at one time or another.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...