Friday, June 29, 2012

Happily Married: House Rules Edition

I'm a pretty relaxed house keeper. So is the Mr.

That's a nice way of saying our apartment is (and soon our house) usually pretty darn not clean. Lord knows when the windows were cleaned last and there is no regularity in when or how we clean. In fact, while typing this a collection of dust went rolling past my toe.

But it drives me nuts when people put their shoes on the furniture. I'm good with bare feet but not shoes, even house shoes. Does it make sense? Maybe, maybe not but there you go: I don't like shoes on furniture.

We've talked it through and we've agreed no shoes on the furniture.

That's a nice way of saying I get pissy when shoes are on the furniture and the Mr. doesn't put his shoes on the furniture anymore....when I'm around.

I recently came home and I found the following pattern on our sofa.

What could that pattern possibly be from?

Hum....?

Can you believe that?! The Mr. has been stepping onto the sofa with his shoes for who knows how long to close the windows! Can you believe it!?! Yes, you've got to get up on the sofa to close the window, but with shoes? When I've made it very clear I hate shoes on the furniture?

I just can't believe it. Just. can't. believe. it.

Big, fat frustrated sigh.

On the other hand, the Mr. who is also a 'relaxed housekeeper,' goes nuts when anyone eats in their beds. Even in movies, he sighs and shakes his head, because that is "disgusting" and "who wants to sleep in crumbs?"


We've talked it through and we've agreed no eating in bed.

That's a nice way of saying he gets pissy when I eat in bed and I don't eat in bed anymore...when he's around.

But then I got caught red-handed.



Thank God one of us has a sense of humor.

May we still be laughing this often when we're 35, 45, 55, 80.



xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...