Monday, April 8, 2013

PJ Room Upgrade

I'm the best decorator out there. I enjoy letting my home slowly gather the flavor a home does over time. It works - but at first the rooms tend to be pretty sparse and white. Added to that, it's hard to tangibly include my family into PJ's life. While he enjoys an afternoon with his Oma and Opa each week; irregular visits with his German aunt and uncle; and skypes more or less regularly with his American family - I know that my family wishes they could play a more day-to-day role

Enter Grannie!

While she was here she painted PJ's walls. A fun, tangible, long-lasting project that remains with PJ. She did this all freehand (which continues to blow my mind). She worked on this for a couple of days and when it was finished PJ got to enjoy the full view.

Above his bed, she painted a big red tractor that is similar to one that he sees on a children's show about once a week. As soon as he saw it, he tried to get as close as possible, yelling out "Tractor! Tractor! Tractor!"


Grannie helped him get even closer.  


 
Then he noticed the trucks on the other side of the wall. At the time he called everything a "tractor", now he points to the different types of trucks and either yells their names or "truck!"


The trucks are actually stickers that come off the walls pretty easy. It will be very interesting when PJ realizes that.


I have to say, Grannie did one hell of a job. I'm positive PJ will enjoy his artwork for many years to come. Especially as he started to play with all those stickers! It has been over a month and he still points at it, smiles, and he knows that "Annie" (Grannie) painted it.


That's one proud Grannie, wouldn't you say?




xo

2 comments:

starryfright said...

Does PJ's crib have a little ramp to get in and out? Because I've never seen anything like that before, and it's totally awesome. I need one of those for Olivia.

Pickles and Onions said...

Yes! :) It was handmade by a carpenter for another family and that was a wonderful addition they planned in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...