One of my favorite activities when I was growing up, is still an activity that I really enjoy as an adult: sitting around a campfire, making s'mores. A s'more is comprised of two graham crackers, some chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. Yummy, yummy, yummy!
On this latest trip, I got the chance to experience two very different areas of the world: Vancouver and the greater Detroit area. In both locations I enjoyed s'mores, and looking back, I realized that the two s'mores reflected the spirit of the two cities.
This is a Vancouver (Whistler) s'more: organic, handmade, beautiful but slightly more concerned with appearances that most likely necessary.
This is a Detroit s'more: sloppy, super fattening, anything but organic, but really laid back and lots of fun.
That’s basically the difference between the two cities. And while Vancouver is absolutely complete kick ass,
xo

I was just thinking about s'mores as fall approaches. I didn't realize that s'mores were made differently depending on the the city. You learn something new every day.
ReplyDeleteI liked what you said about Detroit. That's the city my boyfriend grew up in. I've never been to either Vancouver or Detroit, but hope to visit sometime:~)