Monday, September 13, 2010

Vancouver vs. Detroit: S'more Style

One of my favorite activities when I was growing up, is still an activity that I really enjoy as an adult: sitting around a campfire, making s'mores. A s'more is comprised of two graham crackers, some chocolate, and toasted marshmallows. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

On this latest trip, I got the chance to experience two very different areas of the world: Vancouver and the greater Detroit area. In both locations I enjoyed s'mores, and looking back, I realized that the two s'mores reflected the spirit of the two cities.

This is a Vancouver (Whistler) s'more: organic, handmade, beautiful but slightly more concerned with appearances that most likely necessary.


This is a Detroit s'more: sloppy, super fattening, anything but organic, but really laid back and lots of fun.


That’s basically the difference between the two cities. And while Vancouver is absolutely complete kick ass,




xo

1 comment:

Sara Healy said...

I was just thinking about s'mores as fall approaches. I didn't realize that s'mores were made differently depending on the the city. You learn something new every day.

I liked what you said about Detroit. That's the city my boyfriend grew up in. I've never been to either Vancouver or Detroit, but hope to visit sometime:~)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...