Friday, October 15, 2010

Ich bin unbefristet

As of today, almost 8 years after I arrived, I am the proud owner of an unlimited “unbefristet” German visa.


I may now stay in Germany for as long as I want and earn my income however I’d like. Basically, I have all the rights all these crazy Germans do, I just don’t get to vote. As an American with a good job and German husband, I haven’t faced significant troubles staying here but there is something comforting about knowing that now I can – forever if I chose to.

Watch out Germany – you might just be stuck with me!
xo

5 comments:

aline said...

wohooo!!! congrats!!!
and nice background by the way. much better than the psychodalic bubbles ;-)
muah xx

Teresa said...

No! I want all of your babies here for me to put my wonderful influence on!

Pickles and Onions said...

then I suggest that you start learning Germany and applying for jobs here! You've got time :D

Pickles and Onions said...

thanks Aline. I thought you loved bubbles!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I received mine in July. We should celebrate together ;)

James

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...