Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Other Side

I was in Ireland this past weekend for a very intensive creative writing course. When I stepped into my rental car in Dublin, I saw this reflection on my windscreen:




The reflection is a clever reminder to drive on the left side of the road. For me, an American living in Germany, the left side is the “wrong” side to drive on, so I need the reminder, as silly as I found it at first.

Then I started to reflect upon the past few weeks. I am currently going through a personal change process, in which I’m working on changing certain thought and behavior patterns both personally and professionally. It is an exciting time and also a challenging time. I’m quite tired a lot of time because I’m questioning and moving deep, deep down within my heart and soul. Change is tough and change is draining.

Suddenly the reflection in my windscreen wasn’t so silly anymore. Instead, I found myself wishing I had something like this as a constant reminder for all of the other changes as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...