Tuesday, June 14, 2011

14 Days – But Who’s Counting?


Oh, right: me. That’s who’s counting.

It’s not that I’m not having a good time, although I wouldn’t say this is the most comfortable I’ve ever been in my life. It is true that I’m not sleeping well or long; that I have some, um, mobility issues turning over in bed or bending over or getting up from the couch and chairs; and I’m cursing my strong organizational skills because I have to be relatively creative to find new projects to complete. But the reality is that the worm and I are both healthy; friends are entertaining me in good style; I just got a delivery of new books to read; and the Mr. is doing a great job of keeping me well-fed and entertained.

Speaking of which, ever heard of grilled watermelon? A while ago (like two years ago) the Mr. saw someone grilling watermelon on TV. Last night he gave it a shot and it was excellent. Yummy, yummy, yummy and it looked easy to make. Two thumbs up:


AND – as if grilled watermelon wasn’t highlight enough – the e. coli scare in Germany has calmed down and we are now free to eat most fresh vegetables and fruits. So for the first time in weeks a salad graced our table. A salad!


Needless to say, I was a very happy big belly woman.




xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...