My special day was just a few days ago. First, I - wait, I mean,
we - opened my gifts.
 |
| PJ getting into the action. |
 |
| PJ taking over the action. |
For the record I got two books from my favorite chick lit German author; a lasagna dish; a brownie dish; and a casserole dish. Like the
handheld vacuum from 2009, I was excited about them all. Food! Baking! Yummies!
After breakfast and gifts, we headed over to Speyer. Adorableness happened in the first five minutes.
 |
| You know its adorable. |
Our first stop was at the
Speyer SeaLife, a sort of massive aquarium. When we arrived PJ was given a shark hat. He was less than impressed so I put it on. It
was my birthday after all.
 |
| I'm pretty sure I rock this hat. |
PJ was immediately smitten with the fish, especially since the exhibits were remarkably clever. For instance, the exhibit below actually included small fish that looked massive through the half-circle of thick glass that magnified each fish.
But the most impressive exhibit was definitely the floor to ceiling windows into a pond-sized aquarium that had mirrors on both sides. THAT was the absolute, hands down best one. PJ thought so too.
Our second step was a relaxed dinner in a traditional-ish beer hall. I'm using the term 'relaxed' in parent terms here. Afterwards, we managed to snap a quick family picture.
 |
| There we are: the Steinbach clan. |
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment